Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Plum
- Meet Echo Dot – Our most popular smart speaker with a fabric design. It is our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality – Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
- Voice control your music – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others.
- Ready to help – Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Voice control your smart home – Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines to start and end your day.
- Connect with others – Call almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Alexa has skills – With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Built with multiple layers of privacy protections and controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
Alexa for kids
Make Alexa kid-friendly at no extra charge. Turn on parental controls with Amazon Kids (FreeTime), right in the Alexa app. Alexa will automatically give kid-friendly responses, filter explicit songs, block shopping, and let kids call approved contacts. Parents can also set time limits and review activity. Children’s privacy is important to us. Learn more about using Amazon Kids with Alexa.
Want to unlock more kid-friendly content? Starting at $2.99/month, Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited) gives kids access to thousands of hours of Audible books, interactive games, and educational skills.
Our most popular Echo is now even better. With a new speaker and design, Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Alexa, perfect for any room. Just ask for music, news, information, and more. You can also call almost anyone and control compatible smart home devices with your voice.